Before travel guide
- Getting Started
- PCS Orders
- Total Army Sponsorship
- Command Sponsorship
- EFMP Screening Process
- Passports, SOFA Stamp & A-3 Visa
- Government Travel Card (GTCC)
- Booking Lodging Reservation
- Planning Travel
- Traveling with Pets
- Parent Outreach Services at CYS
- Planning Household Goods
- Ship your Vehicle
- Driving Overseas
- Mail, Packages & P.O. Box
- DoDEA Pacific West School Region Preparations
- Legal Services
- Service members Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
- Cell Phones, Keeping in Touch & Dialing Instruction
- Chip Credit Cards, Banks & Exchange Rates
- PCS Resources
Travel Pay & Travel Voucher
Travel Allowances: Keep the Receipts!
During in-processing your Soldier will fill out a Travel Voucher for certain reimbursable expenses. Funds are direct deposited in 10 days to GTCC or bank account.
Finance documents for In-processing:
- 2 copies PCS Orders, with Amendments
- 2 copies DA 31 (Leave Form) must have blocks 14a-c & 16a-c filled out
- 2 copies Pin-Point Orders from MPD
- 2 copies TDY Orders - 1610 (if applicable) Graduation Certificate, 1059 or
- Letter or release from course
- Receipts for Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE)
- Supporting documents for vehicle (VPC, vehicle storage
- Any receipts over $75 (All lodging and transportation receipts - airfare, excess baggage, etc
Submitted on Travel Voucher
- Dislocation Allowance (DLA) Rate: DLA covers part of the cost of moving. DLA is based on rank and dependents. Soldiers in barracks don’t get DLA. Click here for current rate.
- Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE): TLE reimburses up to 5 days of CONUS gov’t lodging & meals within vicinity of current duty station during a PCS. Click here for current rate. Click here to calculate.
- Meals & Incidentals (ME/I): Number of days of ME/I depends on your travel situation. Generally: Soldier, Spouse and Dependents 12+ receive 75% of ME/I rate. Dependents under 12 receive 50% of Soldier’s ME/I. Click here for current rate.
- Reimbursable Expenses (Check with TMO for details): Reimbursable expenses include flights, mileage and tolls to go to airport or ship POV, or approved excess baggage fees. Keep receipts. Expenses associated with rental cars or pet travel (vet, flight, pet hotel fees) are not reimbursed.
Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA) Rate
TLA reimburses Soldiers for OCONUS government lodging and meals during a PCS. TLA is a separate reimbursement based on paperwork submitted to Finance.
TLA Reimbursement Process
Soldiers authorized TLA must sign in upon arrival and submit paperwork for every 10 nights of lodging to be reimbursed for meal and/or lodging costs.
How do we pay for all our travel?
If your family needs financial assistance to help pay for travel expenses before your Soldier is reimbursed, check out these options:
Government Travel Charge Card (GTCC)
All Soldiers on official government travel will be issued a GTCC through their losing unit for permissible expenses (see Appendix G of JTR Manual) while on official travel orders. GTCCs may not be used while on leave status.
Base Pay Advance
Review all options before taking a PCS pay advance. Within 60 days of arrival, Soldiers may qualify for an advance of up to 1 month of disposable pay (after allotments, taxes, and deductions). This must be paid back within 12 months.