Before travel guide
- Getting Started
- PCS Orders
- Total Army Sponsorship
- Command Sponsorship
- EFMP Screening Process
- Passports, SOFA Stamp & A-3 Visa
- Government Travel Card (GTCC)
- Booking Lodging Reservation
- Planning Travel
- Traveling with Pets
- Parent Outreach Services at CYS
- Planning Household Goods
- Ship your Vehicle
- Driving Overseas
- Mail, Packages & P.O. Box
- DoDEA Pacific West School Region Preparations
- Legal Services
- Service members Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
- Cell Phones, Keeping in Touch & Dialing Instruction
- Chip Credit Cards, Banks & Exchange Rates
- PCS Resources
DoDEA Pacific West Region Preparations
Families with school-age children relocating to Korea receive a world-class education. From the earliest grade levels through high school graduation, students enrolled at DoDEA Korea schools take part in an exciting blend of academic, social, cultural, and extra-curricular experiences that prepare them for college and career success.
Top 3 things that families need to do before they PCS:
- Make sure all immunizations are up to date and recorded.
- Collect all school records and any other pertinent information.
- If your child has an IEP or a 504 plan, please ensure you bring that to the school.
DoDEA Korea is committed to providing the same quality and continuity of education that you are familiar with and works closely with other installation services to minimize the impact on parents and students. Parents should make certain preparations prior to the PCS move to make transition as seamless as possible for your school-age child(ren).
There are Youth Sponsorship Programs that are coordinated for through the various DODEA schools in addition to Child and Youth Services (CYS) resources. If you are interested in Student to Student (S2S) Programs during school year, for middle school (6th-8th grade) and high school (9th-12th grade) students, you can find additional information on the specific school website. To request a sponsor, visit the School Liaison Officer (SLO) page and scroll down to Youth Sponsorship and Transition Support.
The CYS SLO, as a branch of Child and Youth Services (CYS), helps deliver the best educational resources and information for your children. We specialize in education transitions and make sure incoming and exiting families have information about local schools, graduation requirements, after-school services/programs, youth sponsorship programs and home schooling. We also help parents better understand the education process, school organization and integration strategies. Please note that SLOs are employed by the military services, not DoDEA.
Parents should review and complete preparations outlined on the DoDEA, Pacific West District website, as it provides guidance on the following:
- What you need to know about school registration
- Requirements to Attend a DoDEA School
- Documentation of Proof of Eligibility
- Register the Student
- Parental Involvement
- Food Services