- COVID-19 Arrival Info
Before travel guide
- Getting Started
- PCS Orders
- Total Army Sponsorship
- Command Sponsorship
- EFMP Screening Process
- Passports, SOFA Stamp & A-3 Visa
- Government Travel Card (GTCC)
- Booking Lodging Reservation
- Planning Travel
- Traveling with Pets
- Parent Outreach Services at CYS
- Planning Household Goods
- Ship your Vehicle
- Driving Overseas
- Mail, Packages & P.O. Box
- DoDEA Pacific West School Region Preparations
- Legal Services
- Service members Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
- Cell Phones, Keeping in Touch & Dialing Instruction
- Chip Credit Cards, Banks & Exchange Rates
- PCS Resources
Planning Household Goods (HHG)
Household Goods Shipping Process
The Defense Personal Property System is the online system you will use to request and manage your household goods shipment(s). For how-to guides to assist with this application, go to www.move.mil.
Arranging Household Goods Shipments
If you are moving overseas, begin to plan what items will go in unaccompanied baggage (UB), in your household goods shipment (HHG), and remain behind in long-term, Non-Temporary Storage, or NTS. It is helpful to check with your sponsor for recent guidance but here are some general things to consider:
- Weight allowances are restricted coming to Korea. Command sponsored families are authorized 50% of your normal JTR weight allowance while unaccompanied personnel are authorized only 25%.
- You will be offered government appliances and furniture; you may select the items to compliment what you send in household goods.
- Houses in Korea are generally smaller than house in the US. There are very limited storage options in Korea.
- The electric current in off-post housing may be 220v, 110v or a combination.
- It normally takes 6 weeks to 3 months for your household goods to arrive and get through customs.
- There are installation-lending closets to provide basic kitchen essentials prior to your household goods arriving. That does not include linens or pillows. Pack those in your unaccompanied baggage shipment.
If you know you final destination garrison, you may also choose to research on/off post housing options to help get an idea of size and space configurations at housing.army.mil
- USAG Humphreys (Area III Pyeongtaek)
- Daegu-Area IV (Henry & Walker & Carroll)
- USAG Yongsan (Area II, Seoul)
- USAG Red Cloud (Area I)
- Camp Casey (Area 1)