PCS Orders

Human Resources Command (HRC) will notify your Soldier of his or her assignment to South Korea. When your Soldier receives assignment orders to move overseas, they will include instructions for key aspects of your PCS move and indicate the type and length of tour your Soldier will serve. Learn how these orders will affect your Soldier and family.

Assignment Orders

Shortly after HRC notification your Soldier should receive a request for orders (RFO) and/or orders that will contain PCS instructions. The Soldier must attend a levy brief and complete several important steps at your losing installation to plan and prepare accordingly. Important items to take note of would include:

  • Report date and tour length
  • Port of debarkation / embarkation (departure / arrival airport)
  • HHG, POV, and family travel authorizations

Types of Overseas Tours

Your Soldier’s PCS orders and losing installation will provide information pertaining to the following:

Accompanied Tour (with dependents)

This means your family is eligible to accompany your Soldier overseas for a 24-month tour. To ensure the new duty station can support your family, Command Sponsorship of dependents must be approved before your family moves overseas. If approved, the full name of each dependent must be listed on orders. Orders will also include the type of dependent travel authorized:

  • Concurrent travel (with or within 60 days of Soldier)
  • Deferred travel (61 or more days after Soldier)

Unaccompanied Tour (without dependents)

The Soldier may elect an unaccompanied tour (“All Others Tour”) for family reasons or because Command Sponsorship of dependents is denied. Regardless, an All Others tour means dependents are not authorized to move overseas. This tour is a 12-month commitment.

For more details, see Army Regulations: AR 55-46 Travel Overseas and AR 614-30 Overseas Service.