Before travel guide
- Getting Started
- PCS Orders
- Total Army Sponsorship
- Command Sponsorship
- EFMP Screening Process
- Passports, SOFA Stamp & A-3 Visa
- Government Travel Card (GTCC)
- Booking Lodging Reservation
- Planning Travel
- Traveling with Pets
- Parent Outreach Services at CYS
- Planning Household Goods
- Ship your Vehicle
- Driving Overseas
- Mail, Packages & P.O. Box
- DoDEA Pacific West School Region Preparations
- Legal Services
- Service members Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
- Cell Phones, Keeping in Touch & Dialing Instruction
- Chip Credit Cards, Banks & Exchange Rates
- PCS Resources
Housing assignments are determined at the final destination installation based on the military sponsor’s rank and family size. Housing options include low-rise apartments, town houses, duplex homes, and single-family homes that generally range from two to five bedrooms. On and off-post housing in Korea is comparable to or better than housing at military bases throughout the world, and most places in Korea are new construction.
Soldiers with families at USAG-H can expect to stay in hotel lodging until they relocate to permanent housing. Soldiers on an unaccompanied tour can expect to transition to senior living quarters (SLQ) or off-post housing if authorized; after completing in-processing.
During in-processing Soldiers and families will receive a briefing from the Housing Office on the availability of houses on-post based on the following guidance:
- Unaccompanied tour: SFC to LTCs are assigned to SLQs if available. If not, the housing office will provide guidance on off-post housing process.
- Accompanied (Command-sponsored): When you have orders, the housing office will begin allocating quarters according to your rank. You cannot request off-post housing unless on-post housing is 95% filled. To request off-post housing, you will need an Exception to Policy (ETP) signed by Garrison commander.
- Housing availability: If housing is not available on post you will receive guidance from the Installation Housing Office to the approved list of realtors to assist you in finding a home. Many realtors can assist you with finding a home that will fit your needs.
- Furniture: If command-sponsored, Housing has almost everything you need for your apartment. You can bring your own furniture; just keep in mind that the apartments are not “American-sized” and there may not be storage rooms for your excess.
- Application for Army Family Housing via Email
To apply for family housing send "ALL" the below document to USAG Housing Office to receive your housing availability projection/option to:
- Housing Application (DoD Form 1746)
- PCS Orders to Korea
- Pin-Point Orders to Humphreys
- DA Form 31 (Leave) or DA From 137-2 (Installation Clearance)
You will receive an email from the Housing Office within 48 hours letting you know your housing option.