Before travel guide
- Getting Started
- PCS Orders
- Total Army Sponsorship
- Command Sponsorship
- Civilian Sponsorship
- EFMP Screening Process
- Passports, SOFA Stamp & A-3 Visa
- Government Travel Card (GTCC)
- Booking Lodging Reservation
- Planning Travel
- Traveling with Pets
- Parent Outreach Services at CYS
- Planning Household Goods
- Ship your Vehicle
- Driving Overseas
- Mail, Packages & P.O. Box
- DoDEA Pacific West School District Preparation
- Legal Services
- Service members Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
- Cell Phones, Keeping in Touch & Dialing Instruction
- Chip Credit Cards, Banks & Exchange Rates
- PCS Resources
Eighth Army welcomes you South Korea!
It is our sincere pleasure to welcome you into the Land of the Morning Calm family. The 8th Army family is comprised of multiple units and organizations across the Korean peninsula. Being stationed in South Korea offers an exciting place to live, work, and experiences that are second to none.
An overseas PCS can be a unique challenge, even if you have done it before. The 8A Newcomers page, 19th Human Resource Company (19 HRC) and your TASP Sponsor are here to support you and ensure that you have the information and resources you need for a smooth transition to South Korea.
We are proud to be part of exceptional communities committed to serving our Service Members, families, and personnel via programs offered by Army Community Service (ACS), Child & Youth Services, Outdoor Rec, USO, BOSS, FRGs and more.
While moving overseas brings its challenges, I want you to know that 8th Army is here to support you during your PCS and throughout your tour. On behalf of the 8th Army family, welcome to South Korea!
5 Things to Get Started on Right Away
- Total Army Sponsorship The best way to transition is with the help of your future team.
- Command Sponsorship Ensure dependents are eligible for a fully funded move overseas.
- Passports & SOFA Learn which travel documents are required before you PCS overseas.
- Hotel Reservations On-post lodging is in short supply. Don’t wait for orders to reserve lodging.
- CYS & School Registration Be ahead of the class and start your CYS and school packets now.
5 Things to Keep in Mind
- Storing & Shipping HHG Learn how to split your HHG into various shipments to get settled in sooner.
- Driving Overseas For those authorized, know what to expect when shipping your POV overseas.
- GOVCC All Soldiers require a GOVCC,, if you don’t have one apply early to get one.
- Traveling with Pets Moving pets overseas is at your own expense, and requires a lot of paperwork, preparation.
- Cell Phones, Keeping In Touch & Dialing Instruction Learn about cell phones & staying in touch while overseas.