Noncombatant Evacuation Operations
NEO Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a Non Combatant Evacuation?
Non Combatant Evacuation is a standard U.S. response to hostilities and natural disasters which might endanger our citizens. One of the primary goals of NEO training is to ensure we can do this task successfully under real-world circumstances.
2. Who is my NEO Warden?
Each unit has a designated NEO Warden. Please contact your chain of command to find out who is your NEO Warden. NEO Wardens are available to update your NEO packets, demonstrate use of the ICAPS mask and answer any questions you might have about a potential evacuation.
3. Can NEO registration be completed on-line?
All potential evacuees must contact their NEO Warden to update their packets, information and items in their NEO kits. Contact your NEO warden today to ensure you are ready.
- Your NH15 Escape Hood comes in a grey-colored package that is placed inside a black carrying case. You can open the black carrying case, but do not open the grey-colored package. Be sure to check the expiration date on the outside of the package to ensure its beyond your DEROS.
- The M52 mask comes in a brown cardboard box. The box must remain sealed. Ask your warden for M52 training opportunities.
- USFK PAM
- M52 Quick
- Self-filling NCE NEO Packet
For more information, click here (CAC-enabled)