• 1. If we already have an Exception to Policy for a family to have two vehicles in Yongsan, do we have to request another Exception to Policy when we move to Camp Humphreys?

    Yes, you will have to reapply for an Exception to Policy to have two vehicles. You will not be able to register your extra vehicle in Pyeongtaek without the Exception to Policy Memo. Each application will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

  • 2. Will Local Nationals and Korean Service Corps employees who are moving to Camp Humphreys have to resubmit for post access and vehicle registration?

    Yes, Local Nationals and Korean Service Corps employees will have to resubmit for post access and vehicle registration for Camp Humphreys.

  • 3. How will the in-processing be for Service-members who are going to be stationed at Camp Humphrey?

    8th Army has been working on making the in-processing as smooth as possible. Once a Service-member gets to Camp Humphreys, they will be assigned a transit barracks room or lodging. There will be multiply busses available to transport them everywhere from taking them to the dining facility to One-Stop in-processing facility.

  • 4. What is the time frame for the retirees living in Yongsan to start transitioning to Camp Humphreys for services?

    Retirees living in Yongsan will have services available to them till 2020. More information will be available to them prior to the closure of Yongsan Garrison.

  • 5. Will Command Sponsorship Program billets be reallocated once the move to Camp Humphreys begin?

    The U.S. Forces Korea’s Personnel Directorate does not foresee any decrease or changes to the Command Sponsorship Program for Army Soldiers but may vary depending on the branch of service.

  • 6. What are the medical care options for pregnant women who are about to deliver? Do they have to travel from Camp Humphreys to Yongsan?

    Since the travel time from Camp Humphreys varies from an hour and a half to several hours depending on traffic, the OBGYN has developed a Stork Nest Program for expectant mothers to stay at with Dragon Hill Lodge for several weeks at half-price off their lowest available rate.

    Also, Stork Nest Program has been working with Yongsan Housing Department to allow families to stay in on-post housing.

    There are Exceptions to Policy available for expectant mothers to use local hospitals for pre-term labor issues or if one goes into unexpected labor.

    To enroll in the Stork Nest Program, please get a memo signed by your OBGYN provider.

  • 7. For those of us who PCS, where do we go to deregister our vehicle?

    You would deregister your vehicle the same place you registered your vehicle. Example: If you registered your vehicle in Yongsan, you would go to Yongsan to deregister your vehicle.

  • 1. What is the process for returning unused LQA money?

    Employees must first provide a 30 day notice to the landlord and request return of unused LQA money. Notify the Area III Civilian Personnel Advisory Center of your intent to vacate housing and the CPAC will provide you the cash collection voucher.

    Once the landlord returns the unused LQA, you will need to turn the money and cash collection voucher in to the 175th Finance office, cashier's cage. If it is under $5,000, you can turn in the cash at the finance office with the cash collection voucher. However, if the unused LQA money is over than $5,000, you will need to get a cashier's check from your bank. The check should be made payable to '176th FMSU, DSSN 6411.

    Then you need to submit the stamped cash collection voucher to the CPAC so they can send it to the DFAS. Failure to return the stamped cash collection voucher to the CPAC may result in you receiving a debt letter from DFAS. Once all items above are complete, you can procced with starting your new housing lease in Area III.

  • 2. Who issues the new Letter of Employment (LOE) in Area III?

    The USFK servicing Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) HR point of contact (POC) will provide the new LOE. Employees may request the new LOE as early as one week prior to their move to Area III. They will need to complete the “Request for LOE” form and send to the servicing CPAC HR POC. The forms are available at the following website: https://chra.aep.army.mil/sites/fe_rdo/SitePages/Home.aspx

  • 3. How many days of TQSA are we authorized in Area II and Area III?

    This is a fully funded move, so the limits are the same as any other PCS (30 days at losing location; 60 days at new location). However, since this will be an intra-theater move of short distance, and there is a large volume of available houses/apartments available, it is not expected that you will need to use more than a few days of TQSA.

  • 4. Can I change my move date if I want to move prior to my already established move date?

    Yes, you may adjust your move date by at least one pay period with consent of your Director/Deputy. It is not always a simple process, so advance planning is required. Talk to your supervisor ASAP if you wish to change the date.

  • 5. How flexible is the departure date from Area II when relocating to Area III?

    The departure date from Area II may be flexible by at least one pay period. However, this is subject to approval from your chain of command (Director/Deputy).

  • 6. Is the Air Force element staying here in Seoul or going to USAG-H?

    They are planning to move but more to follow.

  • 7. What is being done to re-align UNC, CFC, and USFK billets to match Orders? What do we tell our inbound replacements?

    The PCS orders will identify the location and authorized billet. Each directorate manages their own movement plan and should be informing their personnel on the directorate’s movement plan.

  • 8. If my billet is moving to USAG-H and I am staying here what happens with my entitlements?

    Your entitlements will stay with the location you are assigned to as indicated on your orders. This is just like a regular PCS Move, entitlements will be aligned to the location where you in-process.

  • 9. Do we have to redo our Command Sponsorship Packet?

    No this will be taken care of with your YRP orders process. POC for this is your service element or company.

  • 10. The school registrar office was asking for my orders but I do not have them so what do I do?

    Orders are not needed to initiate registering for school, however upon receipt you must take your orders in.

  • 11. What is the status of my orders?

    Orders have been initiated with the service centers. Army service members can expect to get orders first week in April and other service members cab expect to get their orders end of May. POC: J1 PSD via service elements or support company.

  • 12. What are the in-processing procedures for USMC Service members in Camp Humphreys?

    MARFORK has an Advon team in Camp Humphreys to in-process all inbounds.

  • 13. What are the in-processing procedures for US Air Force Service members in Camp Humphreys?

    USAF members will continue to in-process inbound personnel in Yongsan. An established date to shift in-processing to Camp Humphreys is currently pending with AFELM.

  • 14. What are the in-processing procedures for US Navy Service members in Camp Humphreys?

    USN members will continue to in-process inbound personnel in Yongsan. USN service element will have an in-processing in Camp Humphrey no later than 1 May 2018.

  • 15. What are the procedures to receive orders for KATUSAS?

    All unit transition plans from directorates have been vetted and completed by the Movement OPT. The names of all the I.D. KATUSAS have been given to the Army Support Company to begin the orders process. If there are additional KATUSAS not captured in the original UTP the names must be submitted to the Army Support Company with date requested to move for Orders processing. The Orders will take approximately 2 weeks to cut.

  • 1. Are retirees who are empaneled at Brian Allgood able to keep their empanelment when they move to Humphreys?


  • 2. When I move to Humphreys, how do I enroll in Tricare and who moves my records?

    If we get a unit roster, we can batch move units to Humphreys for their Tricare enrollment. All hard-copy medical records remain at the hospital.

  • 1. Will Soldiers and their Family Members be given full PCS benefits such as DLA and TLA during the transition to Camp Humphreys?

    Yes, relocation to Camp Humphreys is a government move so Soldiers will receive normal PCS entitlements.

  • 2. During the move to Camp Humphreys, my family and I will have only 7 months left here in Korea. As result, will my DEROS be adjusted?

    No, your DEROS will not be automatically adjusted. This is a government relocation move. You still have the ability to request an FSTE or AIP and that can adjust your timeline. That is the responsibility of the Soldier.

  • 3. Will transportation also be scheduled to move my household goods to Camp Humphreys?

    Yes, just like any other government move, the transportation office will assist with relocation to Camp Humphreys

  • 4. Previously USFK T&R stated that they needed 90 days notification in order to coordinate transportation, and I am scheduled to PCS from Yongsan to Camp Humphreys in June. Will the transportation office be able to accommodate my request?

    Yes, we are working closely with the transportation office and have identified personnel by name that are scheduled to PCS as a part of the advance party.

  • 5. As part of the relocation to Camp Humphreys, will Soldiers have to reapply for command sponsorship or update their EFMP status?

    If a Soldier is already command sponsored, there is no requirement to apply for command sponsorship again. However for EFMP status, specific requirements may need to be done in order to ensure medical resources are available at Camp Humphreys.

  • 6. Will there be a cut off for Soldiers who are in the PCS window to avoid the additional government cost of moving Soldiers and family members down to Camp Humphreys for a short time?

    Yes. 8A G1 will work closely with chain of command to identify personnel in those situation. Details will be handled on a case by case basis.

  • 1. Is the Yongsan hospital going to move to USAG-H?

    Yes, The new hospital is under construction, and upon completion will go through an accreditation process. The medical command is developing the necessary TriCare provider relationships to provide the appropriate level of medical support to Soldiers and their families in the Pyeongtaek area. This will ensure that they have the right mix of medical support when the population begins to grow at USAG-H. Soldiers will continue to see Korean doctors in the local area for specialty care needs.

  • 2. Will Soldiers and Families have to go to off post facilities for medical care?

    Yes, for some things. Much of the medical support that is provided here in the city of Seoul is done off post. Brian Allgood Army Community Hospital is a great community hospital, but it does not have the full spectrum of medical capabilities, so they have an extensive network of provider relationships in Seoul and those provider relationships in Pyeongtaek will be similar.

  • 3. Do the hospitals in the Pyeongtaek area have the ability to see family members with special or Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) needs?

    Beneficiaries needing specialty care outside the scope of what the new hospital can provide will be referred to the local hospital network via the TriCare system. EFMP dependents will be approved to come to Korea on a case-by-case basis and each will have different needs/requirements. The five hospitals that are near USAG-H offer a wide range of capabilities, and some EFMP needs can be met, but again, it is on a case-by-case basis.

  • 4. What capabilities will the new hospital provide?

    The new hospital in USAG-H has 68 beds (6 ICU, 8 Labor and Delivery, 40 Medical and Surgical, 14 Behavioral Health), Ancillary Services (X-Ray, Pharmacy, Lab), E.R. & 5 O.R.s (2 General, 1 C-section, 1 Ortho, 1 Neuro). The inpatient wing is capable of supporting 65,000 eligible beneficiaries & 5,000 annual inpatient admissions. The ambulatory care wing is capable of supporting 56,000 eligible beneficiaries and 200,000 annual outpatient visits.

  • 5. Will there be any prenatal care available at Camp Humphreys?

    Yes, but we currently don’t have a confirmed date for the start of those services. Expected mothers will be able to receive prenatal services at one of the many off-post hospitals near Camp Humphreys.

  • 6. Will there be any impact on medical appointments for retirees during the move to Camp Humphreys?

    Currently there are no foreseen issues with medical appointments for retirees during the move.

  • 1. What is the plan for the Dental Clinics during the transitions?

    Beginning in the summer of 2016 as the Area II beneficiary population begins to shift to Camp Humphreys, Yongsan dental providers and staff will begin phasing to Camp Humphreys to support the projected beneficiary population growth by providing care from the Midtown Dental Clinic, and from MED 010, our new (79-chair) dental clinic located on the USAG-H medical campus. The phasing will be in parallel with the population shift from Yongsan to Humphreys.

    In FY 17 we plan to relocate the dental clinic from Camp Stanley as units vacate and will also be reducing the dental clinic size at Camp Casey. In FY 17 we plan to move the orthodontists and pediatric dentist from USAG-Y to USAG-H. Carius dental clinic on Yongsan will be the last clinic to close and will be open until support is no longer needed.

    In FY 18 Camp Casey will be our remaining site for dental care in Area I (CRC clinic closure this year) and limited support will remain until the counter-fire task force relocates.

    At end-state, there will be two dental clinics on USAG-H. There will be a large "super clinic" (largest dental clinic in the Army) with 79 dental chairs consisting of:

    • 14x Hygiene
    • 30x General
    • 6x Pediatric
    • 10x Comprehensive
    • 5x Prosthodontic
    • 4x Endodontic
    • 4x Periodontics
    • 6x Orthodontic

    The other clinic will be located in the new lands and will have 28 dental chairs (6 X Hygiene, 18 X General, and 4 X Comprehensive).

  • 1. Beyond school year 18-19, how will the students at Yongsan will be supported?

    The future of DoDEA schools on USAG-Yongsan beyond SY18/19 is yet to be determined. DoDEA is responsible for providing educational support for command sponsored students and will continue doing so.

  • 2. How will the schools at Humphreys provide educational support for students in that area?

    There are currently two elementary, one middle, and one high school on USAG-H. These schools have capacity to support the command sponsored dependents of Area III and DoDEA is working with USAG-H, 8A, USFK, and ROK to plan the third and final elementary school that is planned to support the end-state command sponsored population of Area III.

  • 3. When will the schools at USAG-H be complete? Will they be able to handle the increase in students without losing quality?

    There are currently two elementary, one middle, and one high school on USAG-H. These schools have capacity to support the command sponsored dependents of Area III and DoDEA is working with USAG-H, 8A, USFK, and ROK to plan the third and final elementary school that is planned to support the end-state command sponsored population of Area III.

  • 4. When will schools begin to close and move to USAG-H?

    Area I is a non-command sponsored location, which eliminates educational requirements for dependents in Area I. Schools located on USAG-Yongsan will continue to reduce staffing as students relocate to USAG-Humphreys. There is not a specific closure date for the schools on USAG-Yongsan and movement of staffing will occur to meet the needs of students in each school.

  • 5. Will any schools in Yongsan remain open for USFK residual?

    The future school requirement for Yongsan residual is to be determined based on negotiations between ROK and the U.S. Any changes to school options at USAG Yongsan would be announced at least one year in advance for planning purposes.

  • 6. Are non-command sponsorship students being considered or incorporated in the transition plan for DODEA schools?

    Non-command sponsorship students or space available students are not included in the transition plan.

  • 7. CYS Programs and DODEA Middle school sports programs do not have a versatile array of sports that allow for children to be competitive when returning back to the United States and participating in high school and junior high school programs. Will DODEA expand their sports program to prepare students a more competitive activity?

    Currently, DoDEA Headquarters is reviewing the issues associated with middle school sports and that would be the best answer we could provide. However until a solution is found families should contact Garrison FMWR/CYS to work with them to see if there is enough community interest in putting together a sports league for middle school students.

  • 8. How will students who commute from K-16 to U.S. Army Garrison Yongsan be affected by the relocation?

    At this time, the plan is to continue providing educational support to command sponsored students assigned to K-16 in the Seoul schools through the transformation and re-stationing completion.

  • 9. Will students have the option to finish the school year prior to moving to Camp Humphreys?

    Because each situation is unique the sponsor should work with their command to determine the best course of action for families moving during the school year.

  • 10. Are they still going to PCS families between the school year?

    The principals are actually in close coordination with the school system here in Yongsan and trained that they don't offer programs that you don't offer here in Yongsan and vice versa. So they are narrowing up the programs when the kids do move from one installation to another, they are going to find that fairly seamless because they are going to find the same curriculum on Camp Humphreys. I know they may be a little bit ahead or little bit behind depending on the teachers and such, but we are attempting to make that as smooth and as seamless as possible.

  • 11. Once the transformation happens, what are you going to do about schools for kids that remain at Yongsan? How will the school closures affect our children?

    For SY18/19, Seoul American Middle and Seoul American High Schools are combining into Seoul American Middle High School (SAMHS) to support Area II command sponsored students in grades 6-12. SAMHS will operate in the current Seoul American High School facilities. Seoul American Elementary will continue to support Area II command sponsored students in grades SS-5. The future of DoDEA schools on USAG-Yongsan beyond SY18/19 are to be determined. DoDEA is responsible for providing educational support for command sponsored students and will continue doing so.

  • 1. How many command sponsored (CSP) billets are you working toward?

    USFK is authorized approximately 4,600 CSP billets. The Army is authorized a portion of these billets based on the relative proportion of Army Soldiers authorized in Korea as compared with service members from the other services.

  • 2. How many dependents does that equate to?

    The standard planning factor is that there are 1.6 dependents per sponsor. So, 4600 x 1.6 = approximately 7360 dependents

  • 1. Will the hours at CIF at Camp Humphreys be adjusted to support the overflow of new Soldiers on the installation?

    As can be expected with a move of this magnitude there will inevitably be delays and issues along the way. To improve the CIF process at Camp Humphreys we are conducting a thorough review and will look for the best possible ways to streamline the process to make the relocation as stress-free as possible on our Soldiers, Civilians and Families.

  • 1. How many people will have to live off post?

    When construction is complete in 2021, there will be 1,111 on post housing units. We will need approximately 1,657 additional housing units on the economy for the remaining command sponsored service members and their Family members.

  • 2. What can I expect from the Army family housing units at USAG-H?

    Housing units within the Army family housing towers at USAG-H are a mix of 3, 4, and 5 bedrooms.

    For more information about Arm housing at Camp Humphreys visit our housing page at http://8tharmy.korea.army.mil/transformation/#housing.

  • 3. Where will DOD civilians live at USAG-H?

    As in Seoul, they will be living in the local community. The housing market analysis has taken a holistic look at the housing stock that is available within the local community and specified commuting distances that meet standards. We anticipate that given both the growth at USAG-H as well as the growth by the city of Pyeongtaek itself, there will be sufficient housing. We continue to track this to ensure that the supported population will have adequate housing.

  • 4. Will the use of rotational forces decrease the number of Family members in Korea?

    Yes, since the rotational forces are not allowed to bring family members to Korea. Their families reside within their assigned unit areas in CONUS.

  • 5.What are the resources for local hires to find affordable housing near Camp Humphreys? Are we directing them to their union for assistance?

    To find out more about local housing options in the Camp Humphreys community personnel should contact the Camp Humphreys Housing Office. (See contact information below) No employees will be directed to their union for this matter.

    USAG Yongsan Housing Office
    On-Base: (315) 738-4817
    Off-Base: 0503-338-4817
    From the US: 011-82-503-338-4817

    USAG Humphreys Housing Office
    On-Base: (315) 753-7358
    Off-Base: 0503-353-7358
    From the US: 011-82-31-690-7358

  • 6. Will pets be allowed in on post housing at Camp Humphreys? What is the pet policy?

    Yes. Please read the attached memorandum to learn more about the rules and regulations that apply to pet ownership at Camp Humphreys.

    Pet Policy Memorandum
  • 7. If I'm leasing a place and I give them notice and they don't want me to leave, I might end up not getting my advance-paid rent money. What happens then?

    When you signed the lease with the landlord, it was an agreement for a certain term. The agreement you had with your Korean landlord on the contract that went through the housing office has a military order clause that allows you to cancel the lease with 30 days plus notice and the landlord agreed to repay any prepaid LQA. Your landlord should return the unused rent to you within that 30 day window. If they don’t, you need to talk to you landlord and realtor, and meet with a lawyer at the Staff Judge Advocate’s Legal Assistance Office.

    In addition, as you make or extend your lease, you want to negotiate with your landlord if your term ends before you're ready to move to Humphreys. That's the negotiation you and your realtor should have for your landlord to ensure that you continue to have a place to live in Seoul as long as your job is here in Seoul. Then your lease terminates around the same time (within a week or two would probably be ideal) and you get your household goods picked up and get your apartment cleaned. You could then stay in the Dragon Hill for a few days or a week and then move down to Camp Humphreys, find a place to live and move on from there.

  • 8. My husband is a service member and we live in housing. His job will move him sometime in June. My job won’t be moving until further down the road. So what are our options going to be as far as housing when we get housing based on his job, not mine? Are we going to have the option for which one of us gets to commute?

    When you signed the lease with the landlord, it was an agreement for a certain term. The agreement you had with your Korean landlord on the contract that went through the housing office has a military order clause that allows you to cancel the lease with 30 days plus notice and the landlord agreed to repay any prepaid LQA. Your landlord should return the unused rent to you within that 30 day window. If they don’t, you need to talk to you landlord and realtor, and meet with a lawyer at the Staff Judge Advocate’s Legal Assistance Office.

    If an employee is a military spouse, they are generally not receiving housing benefits on their own. Thus we cannot offer LQA to you, as long as you are a spouse in-country. If your spouse’s command is willing to work with IMCOM to get the service members to keep housing here on Yongsan and the service member commutes to their job, then, that might be a solution. It really has to be worked with the command and with IMCOM. IMCOM may not be able to support all the families who want to do this. We know there are situations like that and they are very hard to adjust but we are working out to find solutions for those people.

  • 1. How many people are going to be staying in Seoul with Combined Forces Command (CFC)?

    CFC will remain in Yongsan and maintain the necessary personnel and infrastructure required to command and control operational forces, as the CFC will retain its wartime leadership role until Washington and Seoul agree that conditions are conducive for a stable transition of wartime operational control (OPCON) to the ROK military. The agreement is now called the Conditions-based Operational Control Transition Plan (COT-P)

    Exact numbers are currently under discussion between the US and Korea. USFK will determine the minimum facilities needed to support the CFC headquarters and support the personnel who remain at Yongsan Garrison until wartime OPCON transition is complete. OPCON transition will be conditions based, so there is no date established. USFK will negotiate final requirements and resourcing through the Security Consultative Meeting (SCM), OPCON Transition Subcommittee (J5), and the CFC Residual Working Group (USFK T&R Engineers).

  • 2. How much of Yongsan will be retained?

    CFC will retain an area on north post centered on the White House until OPCON transfer. Yongsan Residual (YR), an enduring site, will be located on south post in the area of the Dragon Hill Lodge, 19th HR Company, and the Hartell House. Exact footprints for both CFC and YR are still under negotiation with the Korean government.

    The residual footprint remains so that we can have proper liaison and synchronization between our forces and our Allies. It will be a very small footprint, and we’re closely collaborating with the Republic of Korea to identify exactly what goes into it.

  • 3. Will the smaller Yongsan garrison be the only facility left in Area II?

    No. In addition to the Yongsan Residual there will still be support elements located in the Seoul area including: K16, Camp Market, Yongin, CP TANGO, Incheon Mail Terminal, Koryosan and Camp Morse.

  • 1. Is the U.S. Army working with the South Korean government to establish a direct shuttle to U.S. Army Garrison Humphrey?

    On May 13, 2016 the U.S. Army Garrison Humphrey Commander Col. Joseph Holland sent a letter to the Pyeongtaek City Mayor’s office requesting a new bus route from the KTX Jije Station to Anjeong-ri, adjacent to the installation. We are waiting on a decision from the Mayor's office at this time.

  • 2. Is there a plan to create more parking for vehicles at Jije Station?

    We are not aware of the parking situation at Jije station, but there are two large parking areas immediately off-post in Anjeong-ri.

  • 3. Do the same limitations on personal vehicles at U.S. Army Garrison Yongsan also apply at U.S. Army Garrison Humphrey? If yes, will U.S. Army Garrison Humphrey honor currently approved exception-to-policy memorandums that families have for second vehicles at U.S. Army Garrison Yongsan when they move? If no, what is the rationale behind the policy?

    The short answer is yes, the same limitations that currently apply at U.S. Army Garrison Yongsan will also apply at U.S. Army Garrison Humphrey and for much of the same reasons; limited space, limited number of duty-excepted SOFA registered vehicles, etc. Registration is not automatic; the exception to policy letters are currently not automatically honored either. In accordance with U.S. Forces Korea Regulation 190-1 for additional SOFA vehicle registration; the requestor must first obtain approval from the first 0-6 in their chain of command and the Area/Garrison Commander for approval of multiple vehicles. To learn more about transferring your vehicle from one Area to another visit our Transportation page at http://8tharmy.korea.army.mil/transformation/welcome/transportation.asp

  • 4. What is the plan for commuting to Camp Humphreys for YRP? (i.e. Shuttle bus, KTX, other)

    There are several options to commute to Camp Humphreys. Eighth Army is working some options with KTX and the city of Pyeongtaek. However, as of right now, if you receive orders to Camp Humphreys, that is where you will live and work. Your COLA and entitlements will reflect that area and not Seoul. If you decide to request to remain or keep your family in Yongsan, commuting will be on your own dime.

  • 5. When will KTX services be available to take personnel to Camp Humphreys and how long will it take from Seoul?

    The new KTX line is scheduled to open the first week of December 2016 and it will take 18 minutes to travel from Seoul to Jiji Station just outside Pyeongtaek.

  • 6. Will there be options to commute to Camp Humphreys?

    We are currently looking into possible on-post options for commuting to Camp Humphreys. Several off-post initiatives have already taken shape with a new KTX scheduled to come on-line the first week of December. Once the KTX begins operations it will only take 18 minutes to get from Seoul to Jiji Station. From Jiji Station our Korean partners are planning to offer rotating busses that will take you directly to Camp Humphreys. Another initiative is the new highway bridge that reduces drive times to Camp Humphreys from Seoul by 40 minutes.

  • 7. For those dual working families with exception to policy for 2 vehicles. Will that exception to policy roll over with our move to Camp Humphreys?

    It's a controlled environment no matter what. Camp Humphreys has the same rules as Yongsan. You will have to re-submit your exception to policy paperwork and we will look at what you have at Yongsan and your reasoning. If your reasoning is justified, you should get the same two car exception.

  • 8. Regarding commute, what is the commuting plan for our location accommodation that you have for us to work here until the buildings are complete?

    Eighth Army has work closely to establish a bus that goes directly from here to Humphreys with no stops through Osan.

  • 9. Is the government going to pay for the bus tickets or is it going to be free shuttle?

    It's set up as free shuttles similar to what we have that goes form DHL to Incheon Airport now.

  • 1. During the move to Camp Humphreys will Civilians be obligated to relocate with their positions?

    Civilians who are notified that their jobs are being relocated to Camp Humphreys have a very important decision to make, and they get ONE chance to make a decision. Employees must decide if they wish to accept the job relocation or turn it down and choose one of the following options:

    Exercise Return Rights to their previous position in the U.S. (If they have the option to exercise Return Rights); Retire/Resign; or Find another job on their own

    Regardless of which decision they make, their return date to the U.S. MUST BE NO LATER THAN the effective date of their position move as identified by their Command.

    If the employee chooses to not move with their job, the employee may also be eligible for enrollment in the Priority Placement Program. If the employee enrolls in PPP, they must be matched with a new position by the effective date of their position move, or their Command will begin to process a separation from federal service for turning down the relocation.

    Note: Employees cannot "undo" turning down of their job offer at Camp Humphreys. It is a final decision. Commands will start to incur costs to actively recruit a new employee to fill the position void, so it is very important for employees to think their decision overly carefully and talk with their family if they are considering turning down the job offer.

  • 2. Will Department of the Army civilian employees who were locally-hired to work at USAG Yongsan and not currently receiving LQA be eligible for LQA after the relocation to Camp Humphreys?

    Department of the Army civilian employees who were locally hired to work at USAG Yongsan and not currently receiving LQA will not be granted LQA after the move.

  • 3. What are the options for Schedule A spouses with regards to transferring to Camp Humphreys?

    Schedule a spouses should work with their command to see if it is possible to transfer to Camp Humphreys.

  • 4. If your position is moving and you don’t move your family to Humphreys, how is LQA treated?

    If you are currently receiving LQA, LQA will remain a benefit. However, the LQA rate will change to the Humphreys rate on the effective date of your action, even if you personally choose to live in Seoul.

  • 5. Do I have to move my family to Humphreys when my position moves? If I don’t move, what happens to my benefits like LQA?

    You are responsible for getting to work on time at Camp Humphreys when your position moves to Camp Humphreys. If you make a personal decision to stay in Seoul, your LQA rate will change to the Humphreys rate. You will be responsible for any gap if your rent stays the same as the Seoul LQA rates (currently around $40-50,000 a year). Wherever your job is located determines the benefits that comes with that position. Your job moves to Camp Humphreys, your benefit rate moves to Camp Humphreys.

  • 6. If you are on PPP now can your position be moved to Humphreys? Can you move with the position and remain in PPP? If so, what happens to your LQA?

    Your position and you can move while on PPP. If your position moves, the benefits move with the position. Thus, regardless if you are on PPP, the date your position moves to Humphreys, your LQA rate will change to the Humphreys rate.

  • 7. How will my command determine whether to move me and my position while I am on PPP?

    Commands are looking at everyone who is on PPP when the organization is moving in order to determine when to move those positions. It’s a judgement call that each command has to make based upon mission requirements. So if the command says that we’re moving your position on June 1st, whether you are in PPP or not, you can choose to accept that position down at Humphreys. Also, your benefits will transition from the Seoul rate to the Camp Humphreys rate on June 1st if you accept that position.

  • 8. If you are on PPP and you relocate to Humphreys, and then 30 days later you have a PPP match. This basically means that you go through two PCS within 30 to 60 day. Is that allowed?

    Yes. That is a known risk for folks already on PPP. Unfortunately when we are in a situation like this, is can and may happen.

  • 9. If someone is on PPP and does not want to move, does the command have the authority to effect a management director to reassign to make them move to Humphreys?

    All the actions moving people to Humphreys as part of YRP/LPP are management generated actions (commonly known as manage directed reassignments). Management is generating the decision to move the positions to Camp Humphreys and offering it to you. If you choose to accept the position at Humphreys, which is what we would like for most people, you will move with the position.

    If you choose to stay, by saying “no” to the management generated action, your organization will try to hire behind you at Camp Humphreys because that is where we need the position filled. Once they do that, your position and your ability to be employed in that position are in conflict. So, prior to that date, you’ll either have to go into PPP, or if you are already in PPP but don’t receive a job match, and you don’t find a job on your own, there will come a time when we have to remove you from federal service because we can’t have two people in one job.

  • 10. If you are in a position which isn’t moving to Humphreys (because you can’t have, say, two fire chiefs) and your position in Seoul goes away, what is the plan? Will my command try to match me to a job elsewhere?

    Commands are doing everything we can within the personnel system to try to find jobs for employees whose jobs aren’t moving. Your command will look at the other options that the command has, (such as command specific placement programs) as well as the Priority Placement Program, which is the DoD-wide placement program. IMCOM, for example, has a command-specific placement program for IMCOM employees to find other IMCOM jobs world-wide. You should ask you supervisor about command-specific placement programs if you are interested. Your command is invested in making sure valued employees don’t walk out the door as long as they have a position for you.

  • 11. My question has to do with DEROS management. If your position is to be moved toward the later part of 2017 and your DEROS is in September 2017, is there a cutoff period where you would either have to exercise your return rights or go on PPP?

    Okay. That’s a great question with a few concepts mixed together. Lets look at them separately:

    If you have return rights to another DoD job, they are valid for five years and you could exercise those rights pretty much up until the last day. It take about 30-45days to PCS out of Korea, so really a month or month and a half before your DEROS, you should announce you are exercising your return rights.

    So, when looking at your DEROS verses your position move date to Humphreys (the management generated action), your command should be looking at the proximity to your DEROS. If we’re going to move you close to your DEROS, we may want to look at extending you, or if we are not going to extend you, not PCSing you, and forcing you to exercise your return rights (called a curtailment). No one wants to PCS to Humphreys and then 45 days later or so PCS back to the US. So instead, the command would probably say that if we’re not going to extend you, we are not going to PCS you to Humphreys and instead will curtail your tour and force you to use your return rights.

  • 12. I currently don’t currently receive LQA. What command is in charge of deciding if they will offer LQA to me as part of the move to Humphreys?

    Your command will make that call; each command has their own procedures to decide when/if to grant LQA as part of the management directed move to Humphreys.

  • 13. What are the actions that we would have to take if our command agrees to let us move earlier than June to Humphreys? What are the impacts of doing that?

    You and your command need to come to an agreement that is all. If there is a physical location for you to work at Humphreys and if there is work for you to perform down there, your place of duty could be changed to Humphreys. All other PCS processes still apply.

  • 15. I'm a local hire. I don't get any benefits. Since I don’t receive LQA or any benefits, isn’t it cheaper to keep the local hires here than putting them on PPP after five years?

    Whether it's cheap or not is not the only question looked at. If in the command perspective, moving the position is required, then we're going to give you all the benefits under the rules and regulations if you take the job. If you don't want to move down to Humphreys, we will try to get you a job back in the States. Once DoD has an employee that's performing well during the job, we want to keep you so the DoD created the PPP as a way to help you get back to the U.S. and continue to be a valued DoD employee. So whether it's cheap or not is not really the question that we are looking at.

  • 16. This is a question about local hires. If we get with our command and they decided to move with the LQA, are all the other benefits like TQSA and allowances also covered with the transportation?

    Yes, starting the day your position moves to Humphreys.

  • 17. If they do move you to Humphreys, and you take another job, does the command have to release you?

    It depends upon your agreement when you were first hired overseas. You should consult with your supervisor/chain of command and the local CPAC for further guidance. However, if you are matched through PPP, then the answer is yes they must release you.

  • 18. My question is to those who are already on PPP. In an earlier town hall meeting, I was told that when we get PCS orders to Humphreys, PPP will be canceled.

    There is no prohibition against moving individuals who are on PPP. Commands will need to make decisions on whether or not to move someone who is on PPP due to operational necessity. Commands can adjust those positions’ movement timelines to correspond with advance party or trail party moves.

  • 1. Currently the Child Development Center on Yongsan has scaled back on their hourly care hours. Does Camp Humphreys have a robust hourly care system that can accommodate spouses who volunteer in the community or work extended hours?

    Full Time and Part Time care are top priorities at the Child Development Center. Hourly care is provided on an “as able” basis. However, predicting the availability of hourly care is not possible due to shifting and unknown requirements of Full/Part time care in the community.

  • 2. Will there be family tours of Camp Humphreys for those that will be moving to Camp Humphreys next summer?

    Currently we do not have any family tours scheduled as part of the relocation process, however our weekly Newcomer’s briefing provides a tour of the post and the village of Anjeong-ri next to the installation.

  • 3. When will support services at U.S. Army Garrison Yongsan discontinue?

    Support Services at U.S. Army Garrison Yongsan will gradually be reduced as the population shifts to Camp Humphreys. No specific cut-off dates have been identified.

  • 4. Will there be temporary storage available for personnel relocating to Camp Humphreys?

    There are currently no plans for temporary storage at Camp Humphreys. If it becomes apparent that there is a need within the military community to add temporary storage, senior leaders from Eighth Army, U.S. Forces Korea will review the situation.

  • 5. When is the commissary supposed to open? It says early 2017, but it doesn't say an exact time. Are there delays?

    I believe they are looking at winter 2017. Until then, we have Osan Airbase within a 30-minute drive from Camp Humphreys which has a robust PX and a Commissary. Also, the commissary is working with us and they have agreed to stay open 7 days a week. We anticipate that it will be uncomfortable during the transition, but not unbearable.